1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Slave of Dragons by Water Mage - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by MysterioX, May 17, 2006.

1. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Title: Slave of Dragons
    Author: Water Mage
    Fiction Rated: T
    Genre: General
    Pairings: Nothing yet
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 46,822
    Updated: March 30, 2008
    Published: August 27, 2005

Summary: Sequel to 'Potter'. A Basilisk is loose, letters ask for his blood, and an assassin is after him. You would think Harry was scared. He was. But most of his life was spent destroying things he fears. Next to a dark lord, piece of cake.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2553767/1/

I trhink there's a thread for Potter here but no Slave of Dragons so I posted this.
    Always been one of my fav adopted!Harry fics. Love how Harry's writen in and the way he beat up Ron in "Potter".

Prequel:
    Title: Potter
    Summary: One change in the past can cause a ripple effect, changing the timeline. A baby, Harry, being adopted by a crime lord is one. How will Hogwarts be different with a gun wielding, Harry PotterMcKnight? The heir to England's underground crime empire.

DLP-thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=5301#post5301

Checked by Minion, March 29, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Eh, I was a bit irritated when I saw a supposed update to this fic today, and it was just a rewrite of the last chapter rather than something new.

3. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

This is one of my favorite adopted-harry fics... It is just to bad that it hasent been updated in such a while...

4. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

damn I didn't know it was a rewrite. I was just about to go read the new chapter :mad:

5. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Just wanted to say that the story got updated. The chapter is a very good read.

6. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I liked this story it is one of the better adopted Harry fics. It taked god!Harry in a new direction that I think is pretty original. Terry and Kevin were also well done. Its not as good as Potter but still enjoyable to read.

7. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I cannot find anything bad to say about this fic. The adoption was interesting, the characters are well done, and most importantly, power is balanced. That almost never happens in a super!Harry fic.

8. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

Great sequel ( a really rare thing) for a even greater fic! Even if the updates are soooooooo slow it still is a rare gem these days in hp fics...

9. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

good sequel updates take forever and a day but it's like that with alot of fics

10. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Updated! Chapter 6 is here.

I think its been over a year since the last update, not sure. But looks like the author has taken up the story again.

I'll have to reread the whole thing again.

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Have you, perchance, read http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9068 ?

Because Cosa Nostra has utterly supplanted this as the best Mafia!Harry fic and made this one its bitch. Not to mention that it didn't need the Dresden crossover to do it.

This one's still good though. I think the dialogue between Harry, Terry, and Kevin was particularly strong in this chapter.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  12. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

I agree, Cosa Nostra is much better than this at the moment. But don't forget this was one of the first Mafia Harry fics second only to Shade Dncer's Blood series I think.

13. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I think that I might abandon this fic. I have it all planned out and everything, so its not from a lack of ideas. The inerest is there, but I dislike alot of the stuff that I wrote in the series. I think I watched way too much anime as a teenager.

I would have to do a rewrite. But I dont want to. I'd rather start on something new. I havent decided yet. I know that these days I could write something better.

14. Andro

I think it's logical.

If this is a series redo, then plowing through 5 more books is unrealistic when you don't have a full enthusiasm for it.

15. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

Your right. I really had an urge to finish it out, and I even updated it. But after reading the whole series over I really dont have that enthusiasm for it like I used to.

16. Ancalion

Ancalion First Year

Probably a good idea; forced stories never work out well. I was captivated by Potter, but reading the sequel was lacking, though the character interactions were good as always. What're you planning next?

17. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I took the advice and not worrying about it for now. I'm focusing on another story I just started recently. It's a Harry Potter and Dresden Files xover called Awaken Sleeper. Its about five chapters in so far. Go check it out. A link is in the sig.

18. Ancalion

Ancalion First Year

I'd love to, but I really don't know much at all about The Dresden Files, so I don't know if I could get into it or not.

19. Andro

Well, the author is Water Mage. There's a fair chance you'll get into it, regardless of your experience with Dresden Files.

20. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

Thanks for the props. As far as the story I think it will be easy to follow. I dont plan to jump right into the Dresden Files storyline. There are a lot of people who havent picked up the series, and I want the story to be worthwhile enough so that others will go and read the books.