1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Realizations by Wishweaver - K+

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by magyareagle, Aug 27, 2005.

1. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Title: Realizations
    Author: Wishweaver
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Drama/General
    Pairing: ?
    Chapters: 36
    Words: 264,047
    Updated: November 16, 2010
    Published: March 6, 2003

Summary: Harry returns to Privet Drive after 4th year and finds it...empty! What do you do when you can't go to your friends for help? (Additional Story Notes FYI: a. AU Summer before Fifth Year Fic, b. Not particularly fast paced.)

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1260679/1/

A superbly written independant Harry story, although it probably is too light hearted to be here. Probably the only light hearted independant Harry story out there, and one of the first ones. Updates every couple of months and the author has been doing so fo two/three years. Give it a try.
    I truly recommend it.

Checked by Minion, July 29, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I recall trying to read this once and finding it to be excruciatingly slow-paced.

3. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Yes it is.

It is slow paced, but still well written. Like I said, this is not a fic for everybody. For most it will be too slow paced. But sometimes I like a change of pace. (Not to mention it was the first HP fanfic I read.)

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

To lighthearted? Does that mean that he is still all chummy with his retard best friends? I'll give it a go but hopefully he isnt.

I dont mind the slow pace unless I spend all my timing reading it then in one of the later chapters I find something that just fucks the entire story up like making Ron some super dragon animangus or something.

I was reading one that was really well writen and I was starting to really enjoy it but in the sixth chapter they decide to make Ron a junior auror while he's still a fifth year. Harry became one too but he actually did some to earn it over the summer holidays. Ron just got it for no damn reason.

5. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

This really sucked.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think maybe the story you're referring to is Different Magic by Brone Greyclaw. It's a Harry/Cho so it pretty much automatically qualifies as decent to me. Still, the quality of writing has dropped off significantly recently.

7. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I don't know what but I didn't like something about the story, so I stopped reading.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I don't like Harry/Cho much... unless its very well writen but then it has Ron/Hermione in it and it fucking irks me. I'm sure everyone knows that I hate that last pairing.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I keep my Ron/Hermione very much in the background. It's there but you never have to see it. I don't ever give a shit about romance pairings that don''t involve Harry, so I don't really bother writing them.

10. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

My preferences

I'm fine with almost any pairing but I can't stand Ron/Hermione.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The only time it doesnt irk me is when its happening but it isnt brought up at all or maybe once. I bloody hate it when they either dance around eachother all story and get together after like 54 chapters in a story where it was one of the main fucking focuses or when they are sex crazy teenagers that Harry catches in the act every three days or so. Its... URGH!

12. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

I know what you mean

I know what you mean. Besides, I feel that Ron's jealous streak would swiftly drive them apart.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Probably.

She'd fuss over Harry one too many times and he'd go ranting about how 'Harry-bloody-Potter gets everything in life' and shit like that.

14. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

fraid so

Fraid so. Although, frankly I don't like how Ron is portrayed as a git in most stories. I think he could be an assett to harry once he gains the confidence to stand on his own to feet and use his brain. A few months at a military academy followed by a couple of months in the desert is my solution. He needs to be remolded away from Molly's fussing and her influence. Not to mention away from his siblings. As much as I like them, Ron would do better being far, far away from them.

15. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

agree about Ron, he needs to have some sense knocked into his head. Any way possible. :GDie1
    It is a nice read, when one wants to relax.

16. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Before you all flame the crap out of me for rezzing a dead library thread...

Wishweaver actually updated. O_O

Now for the long process of trying to figure out how many chapters he posted, been a long time since I read this one. >>

EDIT: o_O Did I miss something or is this a 10+ chapter update? Yes its been around three years since the last one but that's still a surprising amount, especially for a slow paced story.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  17. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This one is a perfect example of how my taste has changed over time. Still, I think I'll have to give it a 4/5 because of general solidness. Pace is slow, but other parts make for it.

Note that I'm deliberately ignoring some
    things, Harry's nick-name for instance.

18. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

The human mind is a wonderful thing, with enough concentration (or a little less) our eyes can just skip right over those pesky details...

19. Bratling

Bratling Professor

Janus, it might seem like it, but she actually has updated before this, though I think her last update was last year. Between school, her kids, and remodeling her house, she hasn't had much time recently. What can I say? :) Hers was the first yahoo group I ever joined.

In this last update, the question of Harry's guardianship was finally resolved, and we're most of the way through the summer. Wishweaver says that it was only meant to go through the summer, and won't be continued into Fifth year at all.

20. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Its odd, I'm re-reading from chapter 20 and parts of it feel like a completely different fic. I don't remember the morning after scene with the babysitting, anything about the husband, Harry's awareness/healing, or the almost encounter with Ron, Hermione, and Arthur. (And who the hell is Silas?)

But didn't
    Cassandra die in a Death Eater attack?

I'm slighly confused, this might warrant a complete re-read just to give my poor brain a rest.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008